WelcomeWelcome to the Droolik Puddle - an introduction and directory of all things droolik! The Droolik Puddle is presided over by Brenda, her ixi Celyn, and Celyn's droolik, Telyn. They're pretty much experts on drooliks. The purpose of this page is so other droolik fans, fanatics, and admirers can come together and learn more about these sweetly sedate petpets and visit with others. Please have a look around. There's lots to see!
Droolik ListingsTo visit the main pages, click the links above. To navigate the directory, click on the drooliks to the left. To list your droolik, click on add your droolik above.
Questions and Comments
Add your Droolik to the Puddle
Just a few things
- Please only add drooliks that are attached to pets that you own.
- One neomail is fine for multiple listings.
- Username can be either your main or a side account.
- You will receive a confirmation neomail when you've been listed.
- Permanent Drooliks are preferred, but we understand if you need a change. Please neomail us to update or remove your listing.
- You may list all drugals attached to any pet from any of your own accounts.
All About DrooliksHere you can find all the information you could ever want about drooliks! Follow the links to find out more.
- The droolik was first introduced to Neopia on October 8, 2003. (The same day as the zomutt!) Drooliks cannot be purchased from any Neopian shops. They can only be won from the game, Test Your Strength. You can however purchase drooliks from Users shops or from the Trading Post.
- TNT describes the droolik as such: It cant fly, cant move very fast and mainly just sits there staring with those big round eyes.
- Drooliks can be found in 7 different colors:
Grey – natural color
Starry – as of October 12, 2005
Ghost – as of May 17, 2006
Desert – as of December 13, 2007
Cloud – as of July 15, 2009
Fire – as of July 15, 2009
Pink – as of July 15, 2009
- The Petpet Protection League recognized aged drooliks during week 213! Click HERE to see such awesome drooliks as GothPuppy, Droo, Ska, Faustus, and Rosic!
- In Time of Need, we come across Ruan and an adorable little droolik named Jaques. I won't give away the story, but Sophie the Swamp Witch is involved! You'll just have to check out the story for yourself to see what happens to Jaques and if Sophie is still turning folks into stink beetles!
- Did you know that on July 15, 2009, all of Neopia celebrated drooliks? You didn't? Well you should check out the New Features page and scroll down to that date!
- This lovable little droolik has a special place in Neopian history as the only droolik AIM icon currently available. Get one today and show off your love of this cute little spook!
- Now you'd think even on an icon, this pretty little droolik might watch that drooling habbit of hers. But I guess not! Make sure you have a towel handy if you spot this cute little pink face on your computer screen!
- Drooliks have the great honor of having their very own screensaver! Why don't you just pop over to the Screen Savers page and download your on ghost droolik today?
- Did you know that you can have a nifty droolik themed background for your Neo pages? You sure can! Just go to the Tiled Images page here and add it to all of your petpages, galleries, and shops! It'll be the biggest hit!
If it croaks, flaps, or slithers, chances are you can buy it here! Yummy!
The vampiric bruce the runs the Spooky Food shop in the Deserted Fairgrounds has a taste for the macabre. Do you see that purple blob of goo with the eyes and wings just behind his right hand? Yep, that's exactly what you thought it was! Droolik Surprise! Now just what cruel heartless Neopian would ever consider baking drooliks in a pie and eating them? I mean, sure they don't do much, but they're much more fun to look at than eat!
- Visit the Petpet Puddle and gaze adoringly at these fantastic little drooliks today!
Currently there is only one famous droolik in Neopia! This droolik can be found on the game, Sophie's Stew, flying past and dropping random things that sometimes help and sometimes hurt you in the game.
No one knows the name of this little cutie, but who knew Sophie had such a soft spot for drooliks?
Celebrating Drooliks around Neopia
Neopians love their drooliks! Drooliks have been the featured in the Pet Spotlight of the Week four times!
During Week 106 of the Petpet Spotlight, Zipper the droolik showed us why drooliks can be the perfect fit for a clumsy owner.
Think you can handle the little critter?" Firey asked, watching the small animal wander off.
Bonzie nodded, watching Zipper intently and wincing as he knocked over a pot with a flower in it. "I think I can handle him just enough."
The shoyru giggled as she picked up her petpet and walked away, carful to step over the other pot she had herself knocked over that morning.
I think we are going to have twice the trouble we did before." Moldova stated flatly, watching the pair leave.
During Week 165 of the Petpet Spotlight, a lazy little droolik watches his owners fascinating antics.
Seconds later, a red Bori named Anubis opened the door to his room. "Hey, Spooky," he said to his petpet, a small Droolik. The petpet just stared vacantly back at him, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Sighing, Anubis said to himself, "I have no idea why I wanted a Droolik as a petpet... they never do anything exciting."
During Week 200 of the Petpet Spotlight, A droolik named SillySally does tricks and endears herself to one Neopians heart.
While walking past Market Square you see a house with a beautiful golden statue in in-front.
Some Droolik's drooling all over! You decide to do a good deed a take the petpet off so it won't ruin the statue.
Hey, that's my petpet" screams the statue and snatches it back.
You relize the statue is just a golden aisha, and the droolik is hers. "I sorry", you apologize.
During Week 256 of the Petpet Spotlight, a little droolik named Pudge makes his owner finally see some sense about the Symol Hole.
He crawled in a little deeper. "Whoa, I would have never thought there would be so many things down here. It's like someone raided Neopia Central and stock piled everything down here. T-shirts, wind-up toys, plushies, statues…wait a minute. What are all these bones buried here for? What was that noise? Aaaaaah! Ouch!"
Hunter shot out of the hole as fast as he could, holding his tail tightly in his paw. A few of the hairs fell out onto the ground. "Oh my goodness, I think something bit me!
Pudge merely raised his eyebrow. "Maybe you should have canonballed.
Released: Oct 19, 2013
Released: Oct 28, 2010
Released: Oct 15, 2013
Droolik Surprise is a Gourmet Food. Feeding this to your pet, while not recommended (why would anyone want to eat a poor little droolik?), it will count towards the Gourmet Foods your pet has eaten. As such, this item remains fairly pricey.
Caring for your Droolik
So you've gotten your first droolik. Congragulations! But now you need how to care for it. Here you can find all the tips and need to know stuff about taking care of your new petpet.
Caring for Drooliks 101
- Drooliks don't move much. Don't get me wrong - they can move. They can even fly. They just don't find reasons to move often.
- This makes them excellent lap petpets. They will curl up on your lap and sleep for hours. Give them a good petting while they're next to you on the couch or in your lap.
- The name of this page isn't Droolik Puddle for nothing! Drooliks drool quite a bit. It has something to do with their tongues always lolling out. Be sure to keep a towel or some tissues around constantly to mop up.
- Drooliks have short hair and don't shed very much. They are very hypoallergenic. Great for those who might be allergic to other types of petpets. Even though their hair is short, it is very soft. No wirey bristles here! They enjoy a good brushing with a soft bristled brush once or twice a week.
- Your new droolik will appreciate a soft and comfy bed on which to lie at your feet while you work or watch tv. Drooliks do not spook easily and so do not require a covered bed. Though if you want to spring for something covered, they will not turn their nose up at it.
- Drooliks will eat just about anything but they do prefer canned wet food. Be sure not to overfeed your Droolik as it will get fat due to lack of exercise.
- Toys are pretty much wasted on drooliks. They do enjoy plush toys to cuddle with though and will enjoy a favorite plush to sleep with.
- Drooliks are not diggers. Be sure to keep their nails trimmed regularly.
- If you take your droolik out with you, please be sure to keep it close to you. There has been a rash of droolik thefts since some awful neopet discovered Droolik Surprise was a Gourmet Food. What an awful thing and a terrible shame. Please keep an eye on your precious droolik!
How to get a Droolik
Finding a droolik is not terribly difficult. They are not given out by random events, nor can you purchase one at Spooky Petpets. There are only 4 ways to obtain a droolik.
The first way to acquire a droolik is to win one from Test Your Strength. I'm not sure what the score is to win a droolik, having never one before.
If you know the score, please neomail me so I can put it here!
I wish I had advice for how to win the droolik, but unfortunately I can only tell you where to find it. I can however wish you luck on winning!
The second way to acquire a droolik is to purchase one from a User's Shop. This is usually the easiest way to get one. Drooliks are not pricey petpets - at least, the unpainted ones aren't. They usually run around 5500 nps.
The third way to acquire a droolik is to purchase one from the Trading Post, especially if you're trying to get a certain painted one. Otherwise, just go buy one from a user shop. If you're searching for painted drooliks, however, be prepared to wait it out on the TP. They do pop up there, but not terribly often.
If you're after a painted droolik, buy the PPPB from the TP and paint your own. It's much more fun and usually the easiest way to find one.
The fourth and final way to get a droolik is to have a very good friend and/or kind person gift you a droolik. This is by far the best way to obtain a droolik. Because, let's face it – they make the best presents!
Link Back to the Droolik PuddleWe enjoy listing your droolik and would appreciate it if you would link back to us so others can find us! Please use one of the buttons below!
Affiliates are always open! Apply now to become one!
- Layout & Graphics by rainingzomutts
- Droolik Art on Background by rainingzomutts
- Style, Format, & some elements influenced by Snuggle
- Droolik Item Coding from template by That Kil.ls Me
- Background Image & Button Base Images by Silent Serenity
- Button Resources & Placeholders by The Lunch Box
- Buttons linked back to creators.
- Counter by boingdragon